Statement of Faith
| Our Statement of Faith |
- We believe that “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,” which we hold to be the whole book called THE HOLY BIBLE – inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in the original writing, and the infallible Word of God. Its teaching and authority are absolute and final, and thus our guide to faith and practice.
- We believe in one God Who is creator, sustainer and ruler of all, existing in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His death to pay the penalty for sin, His bodily resurrection, His exaltation at God’s right hand, and His personal return.
- We believe that all have sinned and are therefore guilty before God and repentance is commanded for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- We believe that all who by faith receive Jesus Christ are then born again of the Holy Spirit and receive everlasting life.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9, I Corinthians 6:9-11).
- We believe in a literal 7-day creation as the book of Genesis describes, and in the young earth philosophy. We do not believe and will not teach the theory of evolution.
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application for James River Home School Foundation/James River Cobblestones/James River Eagles.